Source White jellyfungus is dried body ofTremella fuciformis Berk.
Producing Areas Sichuan, Hubei, Yunnan, Guizhou, Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Shaanxi, etc.
Properties Sweet, Bland, Mild in Nature
Channels Lung, Stomach
- Tonifies yin and moistens lungs, nourishes stomach and promotes production of body fluids
- For cough and haemoptysis due to asthenia of viscera, it is used with Ginseng, Beimu, or Baihe, Taizishen, Nanshashen and rock sugar, etc.
- For thirst due to asthenic heat, it is used with Taizishen, Shihu and rock sugar.
- For chronic diarrhoea, it is used with Shanyao and Dasuan. For bloody stools, it is used with Diyutan.
Usage and Dosage
10 – 15g is taken after stewing.
Notes Contraindicated in patient with cough due to wind-cold and damp-heat causing phlegm.
It is irregularly flower-shaped with multitudinous tiny, wavy and lace-like fronds. It is yellowish white or yellow brown in colour, with slight gloss. It is brittle and translucent. The flavour is sweet, with weak fragrance.
Seal and protect it from moisture, mould and moths.
Description of Quality Herb
Good Yiner is dry, yellowish white in colour, big in size, light in weight and glossy, with thick flesh.
Tangerine Soup with White Jellyfungus
This soup is sweet with a slight bitter taste. It is beneficial for those who have light cough caused by attack of wind and cold.
Ripe tangerines 2, white jellyfungus 30g, rock sugar to taste (should not be too sweet), wolfberry 10.
- Put segments of the tangerine (with the pith attached) and the white jellyfungus in a pot with water, steam for half an hour.
- Dish up, add rock sugar and garnish with wolfberry. Serve warm.
Tips for a Healthy Life
Not suitable for those who have cough due to heat in the lungs.
White Jellyfungus with Scallion Stalk
Relieves symptoms of cold, thirst, headache, sore throat and cough with yellow phlegm. It strengthens body resistance, nourishesyin and moistens lungs. It also tonifies the stomach to promote the production of body fluid. It reinforces liver, kidneys and strengthens energy.
White jellyfungus (soaked to expand) 200g, scallion stalk 50g, vegetable oil 50g, MSG 2g, sugar 4g, salt 5g.
- Heat some oil in the wok; cut the scallion stalk into small sections and stir-fry until it turns deep yellow.
- Remove the scallion together with oil, let it cool to make scallion oil.
- Soak the white jellyfungus in hot water, drain and place on a plate. Add seasoning while it is still hot, then pour in the scallion oil and mix well.