(1) Muscle regions:
- They function to transport Qi and blood to nourish the muscles and tendons, connect all the bones and joints of the body, and maintain the normal range of motion.
- They originate from the extremities of the limbs and ascend to the head and trunk, but do not reach the Zang and Fu organs.
- In the clinic, they are mainly indicated in muscular problems.
(2) Cutaneous regions:
- They are divided into Yin and Yang, foot and hand as regular meridians.
- They function to transport Qi and blood to nourish the skin and protect the body from the invasion of external pathogenic factors.
- They are marked by the regular meridians. Their distribution areas are based on the domains of the 12 regular meridians.