Skip to content
- Each of the 12 regular meridians has one divergent meridian.
- They branch out from the 12 regular meridians at the four limbs and run deeply inside the body to distribute on the chest, abdomen, and head.
- They do not have their points on them.
- Liu He, or Six Confluences: paired into six confluences according to the Biao-Li relationship. Through divergent meridians, Yin meridians can reach the head and neck.
- Function: to connect Biao-Li related meridians and strengthen their relation with Zang–Fu organs. Thus, they serve as an extension of regular meridians.